Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sarah Palin

For anyone who saw her speech at the RNC last night, all I have to say is this: YEAH!

For those of you who missed this, here's the transcript, courtesy of NPR.

Some highlights include gems like these:

While I was at it, I got rid of a few things in the governor's office that I didn't believe our citizens should have to pay for.

That luxury jet was over the top. I put it on eBay.


I told the Congress "thanks, but no thanks," for that Bridge to Nowhere.

If our state wanted a bridge, we'd build it ourselves. When oil and gas prices went up dramatically, and filled up the state treasury, I sent a large share of that revenue back where it belonged — directly to the people of Alaska.


But the fact that drilling won't solve every problem is no excuse to do nothing at all.

Starting in January, in a McCain-Palin administration, we're going to lay more pipelines ... build more nuclear plants ... create jobs with clean coal ... and move forward on solar, wind, geothermal and other alternative sources.


This is a man who can give an entire speech about the wars America is fighting and never use the word "victory" except when he's talking about his own campaign. But when the cloud of rhetoric has passed ... when the roar of the crowd fades away ... when the stadium lights go out, and those Styrofoam Greek columns are hauled back to some studio lot — what exactly is our opponent's plan? What does he actually seek to accomplish, after he's done turning back the waters and healing the planet? The answer is to make government bigger ... take more of your money ... give you more orders from Washington ... and to reduce the strength of America in a dangerous world. America needs more energy ... our opponent is against producing it.


In politics, there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers.

And then there are those, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote change.


If character is the measure in this election ... and hope the theme ... and change the goal we share, then I ask you to join our cause. Join our cause and help America elect a great man as the next president of the United States.


I'm not going to claim to be the first or only blogger covering this subject, but I am proud of the way this is going. Before McCain's choice of bringing Palin aboard, I was not looking forward to casting my vote. I don't like John McCain much. I dislike him far less than Obama, but it felt like the choice of the lesser danger. Mrs. Palin has changed my mind on this. I don't think I'm alone, either. Did you hear that? That was the sound of Senator Obama sweating. So, I submit for your approval:


No comments: