Thursday, October 23, 2008

I Got "Tagged"

The Rules:

1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.

2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.

3. Tag 7 random people and include links to their blogs.

4. Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. (Sorry. I'm not going to do this part.)


I think my wife said it best when she said "Awe crap!" The biggest problem here is that I know that I know at least seven literate people, but Jenni and I together don't know many more than that who will admit to knowing what a computer is, much less have a blog. *Why did you tag me, my love?* Therefore, I'm going to have to get creative in order to participate. First of all, seven random facts:

1. We have six revolvers in our household which we have named "Lust," "Envy," "Pride," "Wrath," "Greed" and "Gluttony." Obviously, the next revolver will be named "Sloth" by default. We are kicking around the idea of naming our shotgun "Deliverance" and our AR-15 "Rapture."

2. I can do most any repair operation to a car except for internal transmission work. I never really got to tearing into transmissions, preferring to just change them out for a rebuilt or salvaged unit. It's amazing how many miles you can put on a well-built transmission!

3. I can't wear a quartz watch. They just die. I've had them last as long as eight or nine weeks, but usually no longer than five or six. Weaker radios lose their tuning, and they hiss and static in my presence. When I was a phlebotomist, I discovered that my hematocrit is unusually high as compared to the average. Most people who have as much iron in their blood as I do often wind up with some specific, serious, health problems. I, on the other hand, feel weak and sickly when my iron drops into the "normal" range. I've found that my body puts up almost no electrical resistance as compared to other people, as is evidenced by ohmmeters. I can sense electric fields, magnetic fields, and large ferrous objects. I have to believe that this is all related, but I don't know how. My son exhibits some of the same characteristics. How weird is all of that?

4. In Junior High, I wrote a large chunk of a saga of a novel, but never finished it. When I went back and read through a bunch of it, it sounds like a 12 to 13-year-old's writing. There are 1000-some odd hand-written pages sitting in my office somewhere as I couldn't bring myself to pitch it.

5. I used to be able to hold my breath for on top of five-minutes underwater with relative ease. I think I got close to six once. I lost a really good Soviet Russian watch that way. A girl had been playing with it and left the crown unscrewed. This was particularly heart-breaking as affordable mechanical watches can be hard to come by.

6. I've only really been using computers for a few years now. I want to say that it was in 2003 or 2004 that I really started. When I was growing up, my brother and I weren't much allowed to touch Dad's computer. I think he was afraid that we would break it. Jen and I got married in 1998 and it took us that long to actually get a home computer. At this point, that seems really sad, but I can certainly relate to those people who are scared of computers.

7. Jenni and I got married in December of 1998. In under two months, we will have been married for ten years! It really doesn't seem like it's been that long, and I'm looking forward to the next ten. Most of the people we knew who got married around the same time we did have since gotten divorced. I think that's terrible, and have to wonder what we have done right that they did not. At the risk of getting really sappy, I wish that everyone could be as happy as we are.

As I stated before, I don't know seven people to send this to that Jenni didn't already "tag." So, I'll do my best here.

1. JAFO. This is a dude I have met on a gun forum. He seems to have pretty much all the same political views that I do. This is probably why we get along so well.

2. Poliwax. This is one of the smarter people whom I have read on the internet. I know that he cruises past my blog from time to time, but I severely doubt that he'll participate in something like this.

3. Some nutty feminist that I linked for a previous blog entry. She wouldn't post my comment on her blog, and I can't say I blame her. If she tracks links, she might surprise. Somehow I doubt that will happen since I've got the wrong plumbing for her to treat me equally (and somehow I'm the sexist).

4 & 5. Greg & Beth. These people are SO COOL! I read their blog fairly often, but I don't think they know who I am. I could be wrong, I suppose.

6. I was going to tag Jenni's resident troll, but he never gives a real url at which to contact him, but his incredibly thoughtful comments can be read here.

7. Will Rhodes. He's a British Liberal living in Canada, and I participated in a nice debate with him on my wife's blog concerning the DC vs. Heller decision. I wouldn't mind hearing from him again, as he is thoughtful and well-educated, even if we completely disagree on the gun control issue.

It's a little gruesome, but there's seven right there. Jenni, NEVER DO THAT TO ME AGAIN!!!

1 comment:

PlungerGirl said...

LMAO..now that's funny. Tagging some nutty feminist.